Tuesday, 8 March 2011

Evaluation 4

How did you use media technologies in the construction, research, planning and evaluation stages?
Even before making the video, me and Katie relised how different the tools and equipment would be for making and editing the video and creating the digipak and poster compared to our AS Level task. We would be using Photoshop and Adobe Premiere Elements to create our tasks and even theough we had a little bit of knowledge from last year with Photoshop, we had not used Premiere before so this would be a new experience for the two of us.



We had alot of experience with Blogger we used in last year in AS Level. It was a very easy way to publish our ideas and research, with a full access to the internet, it made it easier for us to do work. It helped us keep a record from start to finish of how we produced everything construction, research and planning and we were able to use search engines to find out information.

For the filming, it was essential to have a camera (obviously!) For filming, we used a Canaon FS200 Camcorder to film everything. As Katie was starring in the video, I was the person to film everything so I became very familiar with it and filming the scenes bacame easier and we went on. When we had our first session of filming, the camera was moving quite a bit , so using the tripod made it alot easier to film.



Once we had filmed everything, we moved onto the next step and edited the video. For this, we used the software Adobe Premiere Elements. Me and Katie had never used this programme before so it was a new experience for both of us. However, Katie did have more experience with IT programmes than myself so she started of with the editing but I caught on so was able to edit myself. Whilst working Adobe Premiere, we were able to get screeen shots of the process in which we had to do to create our final cut.

The main part of our final cut was the change in colour throughout. When we showed memories of Katie and Matt we showed them in black and white, whereas we put the argument scenes in colour to show the present day.





For a number of scenes we used a cross dissolve filter to show the two of them apart but on in the same place. We believed this was the most natural way to show a transition and worked really well.




At the start of the video, we used a zoom in effect on Katie's boots as we thought it went well with the timing of the music and also a good way to transition to the next scene which was a memory scene.







Photoshop was essential within creating our ancillary tasks which was the digipak and poster. We had both used Photoshop last year with creating a magazine so we were both familiar with the programme. With using the programme, Me and Katie both used many different tools to create our final digipak and poster including:

  • Filter Tool

  • Gradient Tool
  • Rectangle Marquee Tool
  • Horizontal Type Tool

  • Paint Bucket Tool

  • Magnetic Lasso Tool

The filter that was used for the entire ancillary task was the 'Note Paper' tool which I used in making the poster and Katie used with making the Digipak. It gave the image a grey and white sketchy effect and was used to make it a theme.




There were a variety of different filters I could use and I was then able to change the image balance, graininess and relief.



I was then able to add text with information of the band and song.



From the beginning of the course, I have used many different tools and technologies to help create the entire tasks. I have learnt about many new skills and progressed in my IT to finish everything as a whole. Overall, I am really pleased with everything than me and Katie have created and the skills I have developed through the entire course.

No comments:

Post a Comment